Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Wise Goat

The Wise Goat

A wolf had been hunting all day in the forest.
He did not find any prey. He did not see rabbits or chickens or sheep.
The wolf was very hungry.
He was in terrible mood.

“I will go down the hill once more.
I might see a lamb or kid separated from its mother.
I have to have something to eat.
I am very, very hungry.”

The wolf walked slowly behind the tress.
He smelled the air.
He smelled the presence of an animal.
He looked carefully for his prey.
And sure there was his prey.
He saw a goat grazing on an open space.
He leaped high and fast.
Soon he was before the goat.

“Don’t move!
You can not go anywhere.
I am going to eat you this minute!”

The goat realized she could not run away.

“I have to use my head not my legs.” Said the goat to herself.

The goat calmly said to the wolf.

“I would have been a good dinner for you last year.
I have three little kids now.
See how skinny I am.”

“I don’t care how many kids you have.
I am going to eat you right now.
I will look for your kids later.”

“Stop! Look how skinny I am.
I know where you can have something good and fat.”

The wolf backed off and listened.

“There is a well near here.
In the bottom of it is a big piece of meat.
My kids can not eat it.
You may get it.”

“Are you not fooling me?”

“Come, follow me.
I will show you how fat and juicy the meat is.”

And the goat walked slowly away.
She looked back.
The wolf walked close to her.
He was not making any chances.
A skinny goat is better than no meat at all.

The moon shone bright and full in the clear sky.
The two animals reached the well.

“Look for yourself!
See how big and juicy the meat looks!”

The wolf leaned over the well.
Mouth watered at the sight of the fat, round juicy meat.
He leaned further thinking how to get the meat.
The goat backed from the well and gave the wolf a hard kick.

And the goat ran fast and away from the forest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Short Stories for Kids. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger